Deposits with Union Pacific “A Division of Pacific Transportation Federal Credit Union” are federally insured up to $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency.
- The maximum $250,000 NCUA insurance covers the balances of your combined individual savings account, certificate of deposit and checking accounts.
- Insurance coverage can be expanded through joint ownership. Combined balances in joint accounts receive separate insurance coverage from individual accounts. Insurance covers up to $250,000 per individual on the account. There is a $250,000 maximum coverage available for any member through joint ownership.
- Individual Retirement Account deposits are insured up to $250,000.
- Trust Accounts provide a maximum of $250,000 for each beneficiary per trustee. These accounts receive separate insurance coverage from other trustee accounts.
- Custodial Accounts are insured separately. A minor’s custodial account can be insured up to $250,000 for the combined balances.
How to Maximize Your Coverage
Members can maximize their deposit insurance coverage using different account combinations, visit the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).